Sunday, July 9, 2017

Brakes make a screeching sound (especially when reversing)


Dear /r/carsCar: Honda Pilot 2004So, my brakes screech like hell whenever I hit the brakes (not 100% of the time, but quite often). It's so bad especially when the car's just getting warmed up and being reversed out of the driveway in the morning.Anyways, I told my dad to go take the car for a brake inspection because I'm always out. He told me that the mechanic said that the brake pads are good and won't need to be replaced for a while. I was confused because something has to be causing this horrible sound.I called the shop (Firestone), trying to figure this all out. She said that they measure everything during inspections. If all is fine, but the car's screeching when the brakes are hit, it may just have to do with the "age" of the pads.I'm a car virgin and have very limited knowledge. I ride around this thing every single day, and closing the windows and turning up the radio does nothing to help cope with this. via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2tDTzY2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts