Sunday, July 9, 2017

Help! Rough Idle, car sounds like it wants to stall (2002 Eclipse 2.4L 4G64 5MT)


Alright, so I'm on vacation and my car decided to start having a rough idle. It will idle at around 1000RPM, then slowly drop down to 500-600, then the ECU iwll kick in and jump it back to the original 1000RPM. The car is the 2.4L 4 cyl. 5MT. The car has a brand new Catalytic converter (<500 miles).On top of that, when I start it cold (as in, the first time of the day), it will rev up to 2500-3000RPM...although it has been doing this since I got the car last summer. The car otherwise drives normally (well, for a 225,000 mile car)Does anyone know what this may be? Here's a quick video that may be able to say more than I can. LinkI will probably get it checked out by a mechanic before hitting the road in a couple of days but wanted to see fi you guys could help me first.Thanks via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2sUlmpI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts