Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Question – CA to IN title transfer step by step


Hello /r/cars,I read the rules and hopefully this is allowed/suitable on this sub – let me know if it's not!So here's the thing, my uncle who lives in California is gifting me his old car. I live in Indiana. He wants me to sort out all the paperwork prior so when I arrive to pick it up he can just sign whatever needs to be signed and let me drive away with it. I've googled around for all the proper steps to take but still have some questions and I'm wondering if the good folks here would be willing to help me out. Here's my currently planned step by step:Fill out title transfer documentation from both CA DMV and IN BMV.Change insurance policy to cover the 2000-mile drive.Have my uncle sign over the car.Drive back to Indiana and complete title transfer in Indiana.Register car in Indiana.Will I be missing any steps? Also, my uncle wants to keep his California license plate – sould I mail it back after I register in Indiana, or is there a way that we can leave the plate with him and get a temporary one for the drive before registering in Indiana?Thanks in advance and have a wonderful July 4th! via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2sCinCr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts