Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Can I teach myself car repair on a 2004 bmw 525i? I've ridden a motorcycle only for 5 years never did more than oil and filter change but it gives me the flexibility to work on the car in my own time.


I'm getting hell for thinking I can afford this car making only 30k/year but I've budgeted $1k maintenance a year and my monthly math is healthy enough. How valid is the thought-echo chamber of BMW costing an arm and a leg over 100k? I feel like this is because people need their car fixed by a shop immediately. If something needs work there is no reason I can't ride my motorcycle if it takes me a month to do something. The question is: can I do it?I'll need to buy a code scanner for $200 3 or 4 jacks and a torque wrench. More, depending on what I'm replacing. Carfax looks good except for 2 open recalls. The price is perfect for the mileage: $6k and 105kWill a prepurchase inspection tell me if aspects of the suspension and engine cooling systems are already dying? Will the mechanic be able to tell if the transmission fluid was ever changed?Most importantly, can I handle coolant, electronics, hoses, valve seals, gaskets or even suspension part replacement guided by only YouTube videos and a knowledgeable friend?Thanks in advance! via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2uGqPwO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts