Sunday, July 30, 2017

Whining noise help please


I recently purchased a used '06 Chevy Equinox with 114k miles. After a few days i noticed a whine which seems to be coming from the rear of the vehicle. The whine starts when I'm at 35mph or occasionally when hitting a bump, and then doesn't stop, even when stopping the vehicle. It gets higher pitched at higher speeds and seems to be movement related. I noticed that if I put the parking brake on heavily and then release at a stop sign or light, it will go away, but then come back at 35 again. Now after a long trip, it seems to be there permanently. I thought it may jave been the drum brakes, and will replace them when possible, but I'm afraid it may be something with the drivetrain. Any suggestions or thoughts on what may be causing this? via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2v9tAur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts