Saturday, July 8, 2017

Turning and stopping with stick shift am I "wrong"?


I have a manual transmission car (5 spd) and until today I thought I was right in shifting my car into neutral prior to stopping or turning. My logic was that I have always heard never to "ride the clutch" ie don't leave the clutch engaged and having more wear and tear on the brake pads rather than the engine or transmission seems like a good thing to me as they are cheaper/easier to replace. Am I wrong? I don't have a tachometer and internet searching elsewhere is just telling me I should be heel toeing for turning and downshifting prior to stopping, but I want to know if the neutral way is harming the car more than these options. Thanks for taking the time to read/help! via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2tBHYsr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts