Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Need Some Help/Advice -- 2002 Saturn L200, front driver side weatherstrip/seal(?) between windshield and body is in rough shape.


Hey folks of /r/cars, I'm here to ask for advice for either repairing or going about replacing a particular portion of my car which has steadily gotten worse and worse since first becoming an issue shortly after I bought the car last spring.A piece of, I honestly don't know what exactly to call it, weatherstripping? Seal? That is meant to seal the windshield to the A pillar (I believe that's correct term?) on the driver's side is gradually peeling up from the rearmost spot on the piece. The windshield itself does not seem loose or anything, but at any speed above around 35 or 40, I get a pretty noisy draft (though I can hardly feel any extra air moving).See this album of three shots of the piece I'm talking about if that helps explain. The angles make it look slightly worse than it is, however I believe this is the reason that cruising down the highway at speed is a much louder event than it would be in a typical, properly sealed cab.Is there any easy way to go about fixing this? The piece is rather flexible, and I can push it back into place, but nothing is there to hold it, or at least nothing that I know how to make properly fasten. Can this be glued? If so, what with to make sure it stays through weather? If not, what am I going to have to do to get this replaced? What kind of shop would specialize in this work?Thanks for reading, and for any help you can give.And I suppose it may be obvious, but I'm not a super into-car guy. Sorry if this is stupidly simple or obvious! via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2uHE54r

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts