Monday, July 10, 2017

Jaguar XF 2009 Question - Broken Key Fob?


I dropped my fob and the parts flew off on a concrete floor. I gathered them and as far as I know, put it back together correctly. However, the car won't recognize the fob at all. There's the battery and the circuit board held together by the two connected pieces of plastic shell. This happened a yesterday and now my car is stuck at my buddy's house 30 minutes away. I had completely forgotten about the physical key that is inserted into the fob. I've tried to do research, but the answers were vague/contradictory of each other and I'm really inexperienced with cars. My question is, would this slide out key be enough to turn on the engine and take the car home? Also, where would I insert the key? Some help would be greatly appreciated as I'd rather not have someone drive me all the way out there just to find out that it might not work. Thanks.EDIT: the car is unlocked as well, so that won't be an issue. via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2u078n6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts