Saturday, July 8, 2017

2008 Honda Civic SI having troubles shifting in all gears.


Had the car about 2 years, about 2 months ago I noticed the car was slowly having more trouble shifting into and out of gear. I originally thought I might have a clutch fluid leak and when checking the reservoir it was low.I bled the clutch and put new fluid in and still the problem is there. I can now just barely get it into and out gear and I can feel the car slowly moving forward even with the clutch pedal all the way down, same goes for reverse.It's as if the clutch is barely able to release the bite onto the clutch plate even though I now know my clutch fluid pressure is good. I know a bit more than your average joe, as I've worked on my most my own cars but this has me a bit stumped. Think it just needs a new clutch or could it be something else? I should mention it has 83,000 miles and I'm not sure if the previous owner has had clutch work or not yet.Suggestions on how to proceed before I take it to a mechanic? Thanks in advance for any help. via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2tYXy3n

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts