Saturday, July 8, 2017

15 years later and I still don't know what this car is!


Context: sometime in 2002/3 I found an article describing a car that I thought was fantastic. I had it blu-tacked to my dorm wall until a floor party when it got torn down by someone. Ever since I have been entirely unable to remember what it was called, who produced it, or whether it was a concept or had reached production.The car was a sedan of sorts, with one of the more major selling points being the rear row of seats could fold up against the back of the front seats, allowing the rear windscreen to fold down against the seats and create a utility tray at the back. I'm pretty sure the front seats were bucket seats and the suspension could be raised and lowered via automated controls (unsure if those were within reach of the drivers seat). Bits of the article talked about how the car had rally-car handling or something like that. I doubt it will help, but the photo I remember being side on, with the panel colour being purple and the trim being similar to lime green.My frustration has been very much passive for the last decade and a half, but recently it appears as though I may be coming into a bit of money; not much, but enough that I can afford something a little more interesting than my Focus. My Google-Fu is horrendously lacking in this instance (which is frustrating in and of itself) and having read through various names of cars released around those years, nothing seems to pop out. I was hoping someone in the many thousands or r/cars subscribers might be able to help. via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2sYSnfz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts