Monday, June 26, 2017

Someone totaled my car while it was parked. What happens next? Help me out internet parents


Full details. I was working and my car was parked legally on the street outside. Driver at fault ran a light, hit a motorcyclist and then swerved into my car and another. My car is totaled most likely (police said so, tow yard dude said so).I called my insurance to file a claim but know nothing about the party at fault since I wasn't around when it happened. Everything I know I gathered from witnesses and a police officer I talked with. It's hard because insurance is asking me all these questions and I literally know nothing. All I know is that I was parked, then I got a voicemail from the police, went outside and my car was gone (had been towed).What do I do now? I have so many questions.What happens when your car is totaled? Do I wait for police report to get info of other driver? Will I be reimbursed for my car's worth? I'm assuming I will but that's hoping for the best. How do they determine this worth?I'm afraid I'm going to get less than it's worth because I had a 2011 Honda Element, since Honda stopped making these, they are incredibly hard to find and buy so when they are available they still go for $17-20k even though Kelly Blue Book says it's worth only $10k. Do you have any tips for negotiating a better payout?Thanks for any tips or help you have for me! via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2scF5M8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts