Monday, June 26, 2017

Car troubles


Hey guys I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, or if someone could direct me to the proper subreddit but I'm having a little bit of trouble diagnosing an electrical issue I'm having with my car.I drive a 1999 Seville w/ the bose sound system in it & in November I got an aftermarket head unit installed in it, no problem - no drainage. Then in January I got a sub & amp installed in the car as well and about a week after that I started having issues of my car dying. I took it to a mechanic and he told me that when the car is turned off, the speakers still pop. He did a test and my head unit is still drawing power while the car is turned off. It has been a minute since then but I believe he said it's drawing about 10/12's of a volt while the car is off. After that I started to "turn off" the head unit before exiting the car which improved battery life by about a day, but if I go more than a day without starting it, I'll come back to a dead vehicle. I then I took it back to my friend who originally installed both the head unit and the sub/amp and he said he couldn't find anything wrong with it as he checked for wire misplacements. I've tried disconnecting the sub from the battery as a solution before, but that did not end up helping at all. I was wondering if you guys had any solutions, ideas, or information that could help me find a solution to the problem. I'm unsure if this is necessary information but the type of head unit is a Pioneer AVH-X4800BS. Thanks for the help if you have any to give I really appreciate it via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2tbGUxD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts