Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Are Ford Rangers reliable cars?


Hi, so I'm considering buying a Ford Ranger but I want to make sure they're reliable cars. I currently drive a 98 Subaru Forester, but before this car I had a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. The Cherokee was great in the snow and I loved the thing, but it killed me on gas (was driving 45 minutes each way to college daily) and it had a lot of little problems with it that I just couldn't take anymore (one being the death wobble). So I then got the Forester.I got it with 100,000 miles on it about a year ago (has about 120,000 on it now). I'm looking at the Ford Rangers because I've come to miss the bigger engine - I go on a lot of hikes and the 4 cylinder Subaru struggles to get up some mountains. Even just going on the highway it struggles up hills. Also, while the AWD was really good this past winter (I live in NY), it wasn't as good as the 4WD. I'm about to head up even farther north to go back to dorming at college, so I'm worried that winter is going to be worse and really would like to have 4WD again. The other reason I'm looking at the Ranger is because I would like to get a manual car.My only concern is the reliability of the Ford. I'm looking at mid to late 90's Ford rangers (they seem to be within my price range of less than $3000). I've read that the 6 cylinder 4.0 engine is the best to look at for these trucks. I'm just a little nervous because while the Subaru struggles up hills and stuff, it has made it to Ohio and back (8 hours each way) and then recently to Maryland and back (5.5 hours each way) with no issues what so ever. I'm just worried that maybe the Ford Ranger wouldn't be as reliable as my current car. Any thoughts or suggestions? via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2tQlBOU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts