Monday, June 26, 2017

2008 Audi A4 for sale - any issues?


Hello all, Asking Reddit for some advice on a car purchase. I'm looking to buy a used car for cheap (<10 yrs old, under $10k), want something fairly reliable but would prefer it to be more exciting than my last few rides, which were super low maintenance but bland (Honda Civic, Mazda 3, Lexus hs250h). I don't do many miles per year and live in a mild climate, so I'm just looking for something to last 4-5 years, get safely from A to Z and to be a bit more fun.I found a 2008 Audi A4 Quattro for sale with 100k miles. It has had a minor accident and three owners, but the service records look ok (all work done through Audi) and the body/interior are immaculate. Plus, it's going for a great price - $6,500. I'd asked the dealer if they would change the timing chain and water pump before selling, as they are both original and would need replacing sooner than later, and they agreed.Does anyone have advice they could provide, either in terms of Audi dependability, whether this deal sounds ok, or (if not) alternative vehicles in this range? I know it will have some basic maintenance needs as an older car, and Audis are not known for being the most reliable (this year was supposedly less problematic) but with no depreciation left (and getting it for a lower price) I thought it would be a good deal. Plus with the new chain/pump I hope the risk of the engine blowing are greatly mitigated, as well as having saved on an expensive replacement/repair down the road.Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated - thank you! via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2tf3yFS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts