Sunday, July 9, 2017

Springs or front & rear sway bars for my ILX Daily Driver?


I drove a 97 Integra LS with the Integra Type R springs and shocks for 10 years. The car sat low to the ground and drove like a dream, but about a year ago I moved on to a 2013 Acura ILX with the six speed manual (aka Civic SI in a tux). Now almost a year later, I've decided I need to do something about the body roll. I live in the San Francisco bay area and go into the city a lot, so I'm extremely hesitant about putting in lowering springs as potholes and rough pavement is the reality here.What I'm looking for is to get rid of the floaty driving characteristic on the highway -- I honestly think the 01 accord my family had back in the day handled with significantly more composure than this car. I feel like quick lane changes on the highway is like trying to tame a school bus. I also want to get rid of the body roll on highway off ramps.I'm currently looking at the Eibach pro-kit springs which offer about 1.2 inch drop, as well as their front and rear sway bars. I'd love it if I could forgo the springs and just put on the front and rear sway bars. Would this be enough to correct the body roll? via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2tF2VCQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts