Monday, June 26, 2017

Safe to drive car that's been sitting dormant for a while?


Hey y'all, I have an old 2000 Integra that's been sitting in my apartment garage for about 6 months. I last drove it 5 months ago when I jumpstarted it and drove for around 20min to recharge the battery but I'm sure it's dead again. I last changed the oil maybe 2,000 miles ago with Castrol Syntec, but that was a year ago. I think the last time I put more than a couple hundred miles on it in a month was maybe 8 months ago.At this point is it safe to start up and drive to a nearby mechanic to change the oil? I can't really do it myself - in addition to time (I travel 80% of the time and walk to work locally the rest of the time) I don't have the tools due to apartment living and there's probably not enough space to get the car jacked up safely in front in our tight parking garage. If I had a house and driveway I wouldn't hesitate to do it myself but as-is I'd like to take it to a mechanic I trust here if possible, they're a couple miles away.Thoughts/opinions? Just want to make sure my fluids haven't been rendered bad enough that I can't drive a bit to get them flushed. via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2sJ5ftB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts