Wednesday, June 21, 2017

How to check whether oil change was done properly?


I am have to do a oil change on my car.Now my car is a 2003 Honda element. I am not driving it that much and ready to scrap it in about 5 years. So I don’t want to the best oil service on it. However don’t want it to break down either.I was thinking about doing it on my own but it does not look worth the effort. So I am planning to take it to some place. I did my previous oil changes from Walmart and never had any issue. However I read about several incidents where cars being totaled because somebody forgot to put oil in it. Unfortunately even local mom and pop type oil change pleases have few bad comments. So I don’t want to rely on a professional.So my plan is to get the oil change done professionally and then check whether they did it properly. So what things should I check for? Here is my checklist and I greatly appreciate your input.*Check oil level before taking the vehicle out of the parking lot.*Look for visible oil leaks.*Check whether they changed the air filter.*Check whether they changed the oil filter. (Can I check this? How?)*Check for oil leaks under the car for few days in case of a stripped oil plug.Also, I have a question about the selection of oil.For a car old as mine and for a car that is not driven often, is there any advantage of getting a Semi-Synthetic or fully synthetic oil? via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2tPxyEy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts