Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Coilover install - stuck bolt help


So I'm trying to get the rear coilovers on my 2003 Acura RSX, that has spent its entire life in New York, so I've encountered a lot of stuck and rusted bolts (look in my post history for the story of my exhaust, there was a thick layer on it, you couldn't even see the shape of the bolts), and the bottom strut bolts are no exception. The one side I finally got to break free, after a lot of trial and failure.The other side, the passenger side, I can't get. But the part that is crushing me is- it moves. I can get it to move about a 16th of a turn, and then it just sticks, and when I release the wrench, it just turns back. I can see the head of the bolt, the end of the bolt, and even the bushing on the stock strut twist. And then it just twists back. With where it is, it's a shitty spot and a breaker bar doesn't do much with just jack stands.Has anyone dealt with a bolt like this before? Please help! via /r/cars http://ift.tt/2tKPpfu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts